Exercise #141: Craft
How often have you heard someone remark, “Wow, s/he sure did their research!” How much research do you do for your own work? How detailed do you get? What do you use for resources? Do you use everything you find in your work or keep it in your mind as background? What was the most detailed research you ever did for a piece?
For this week’s exercise, you may do one of two things:
a) In detail, answer the questions above for us, or
b) Choose one of these things, do some research, and give us a synopsis of what you found out:
* How television pictures come through the air
* How striking a piano key makes a musical note
* A short history of your city/town/state/country
* How a dam creates electricity
* Why ships made of metal don’t sink
* The differences between two species of flora or fauna
* How I can send this message to everyone on the list
* A topic of your own choosing (but it must be something you currently do not know)
If you choose b), choose an item that is unfamiliar to you and please cite your resources.
Also, please note the shorter word limit on this exercise.
Word limit: 750
Please use the subject line
SUB: Exercise #141/yourname